Failure:
Failures
have been more abundant in this class than I anticipated! First, was the attention to detail. I was one of the students who learned about this
the hard way when submitting the first round of assignments. I did all of them, but got no credit due to oversight
in of the detailed instructions.
Learnings:
I
learned that this class would require very close attention. I also learned that it’s almost the essence
of Entrepreneurship- failing and learning from failures. By getting better each time, you may actually
succeed as an entrepreneur. If everyone succeeded the first time, we would all
be running some mediocre to poor business.
It’s the relentless pursuit of success that makes an entrepreneur
successful. Companies can often provide
a sense of security and complacency reducing that fire in the belly that some
have to succeed. They know its not necessary. In your business, it’s necessary every day,
and every time.
Reflections:
I think failure is a good thing.
It means we are pushing ourselves beyond our comfort zone and growing. It is hard, but you can gain a sense of comfort
that it will happen and focus on being swift to recover. Typically, I don’t handle failure well. I like to get things right and am very risk
adverse on big decisions. On simple
matters, I am not afraid to fail- so long as the stakes are low. Now, I’ve realized there’s more value to
failure and my consider not avoiding it as much.
Hello Mario,
ReplyDeleteThis class definitely requires the students to pay attention to the detail as most of the course is up to us to earn the points and make sure we did everything right. I almost made the same mistake at the beginning of the course in regards to the link we had to upload every assignment. I am the same way where I don't like to experience failure, but this class has taught me that you might gain some useful knowledge if you handle failure correctly.
Hey Mario,
ReplyDeleteI also struggled with submitting assignments correctly. Similar to you, I had finished the assignment and posted it to part A, however, I completely forgot to declare the assignment. It isn't very fun when that happens, but the experience has made me much more detail oriented. Also, I agree with you that failure is a good thing, and this class has definitely made me much more comfortable with it, since it is apart of the growing process.