STRATEGY:
For my strategy, I wanted to choose a location that gave me many opportunities of people walking by- so, I chose the Boca Town Center Shopping Mall.
I
thought people in an older demographic would have abundant time and the
patience to listen to me, so I chose to target them.
I
thought the best way to initiate the conversation would be to ask if I could
have just a few seconds of their time and I would give them a dollar.
SUMMARY OF ENCOUNTERS:
I was humbled again in this class. The exercise
proved to be very challenging and I was not successful at giving even one
dollar away. People were annoyed and
did not want to fully engage with me. I
even tried to have my attractive wife give it a try. She was in a suit and people gave her the
same resistance I experienced.
The exercise was definitely harder than I imagined. Not only was
it super uncomfortable for both of us as introverts, we were not able to close
the sale- if you will. My initial
assumptions were that I would get the time and attention of at least a couple
of people, but that did not work out.
They were pressed for time and thought I was a typical salesman wasting
their time.
No comments:
Post a Comment