Friday, June 22, 2018

14A – Halfway Reflection


Behaviors to help keep up with the requirements of this course:

This course is consistent, and you should use that to your advantage.  Every week, there are three assignments and a quiz (a.k.a. cupcake) due.  Work ahead as much as possible and give yourself the time to put a quality effort into the assignments.  Although there are always three assignments, the level of effort varies- so, don’t wait until the last minute!  Read the assignments a few weeks ahead so you can plan accordingly.  In summary, be proactive, thoughtful in your approach and brave in delivering your pitch.
  
How to overcome the moments you feel like giving up:  

Anytime you feel defeated, ask yourself if this is truly a unique circumstance no human has ever encountered?  The chance is, this problem has happened to somebody else and they survived.  We are fortunate to have abundant resources and systems to support us. When it seems overwhelming, it could be fear of the unknown driving it.  Leverage the resources available and see how others have succeeded or ask for help.  There is always a path forward, we may just need help finding it- whether it’s from our iPhone, the internet or just an old-fashioned friend or family member with wisdom.  I can recall a time I felt that I simply did not have enough time or capacity to complete the assignments due in the three courses I was taking.  I felt overwhelmed and felt like giving up.  It was then I thought to look back at the syllabi for the courses I was taking to truly understand the weighting of the three assignments.  I made a choice to prioritize which if the three I would complete first and started with the most valuable.  After prioritizing, I began to progress through all three and submitted work for all of them.  The third assignment was not perfect, but I was okay with that and passed instead of quitting.  

Three tips you I would offer about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

Once we realize that most challenges in our lives are not unique to us, we can almost establish a sense of relief and confidence that it can be done.  The occasions where the rewards are extraordinary, will of course require the greatest effort and we should realize that up front.  We should also never commit our efforts without really understanding the problem we are solving for.  If you are confident you understand the problem, anchor your resources and solutions around the problem.  That confidence will enable you to influence and drive forward and have confidence in persitence.  It is also important to seek feedback.  In isolation, we can convince ourselves of almost anything.  Listening to others and increasing our awareness will help foster the best solutions.  


 Image result for plan

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mario,

    I completely agree with what you have said in this assignment. On top of that, the assignment was very detailed and included a lot of helpful tips and suggestions for anyone considering this class. In your first paragraph, I included a similar suggestion, since doing the assignments early allows one to create a good assignment that genuinely lets someone learn from the assignment. Overall, great job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete