The opportunity I select for this and future assignments is the lack of a comprehensive law practice management software with automation. Since the law practice my wife and I own is focused on Estate Planning, Probate and Guardianship, and these are the interconnected areas of law that I have the most knowledge of. My initial focus will be designing and developing a comprehensive practice management software for an Estate Planning and Probate practice. After the successful implementation, I will expand into adjacent markets and leverage the core of the software for other areas of law. There are many aspects to successfully managing a business of a legal practice: marketing, client intake, effective and efficient document and information gathering, payment collection, client communication, trust account management, lawyering work, networking, accurate calendaring, and many more. There are various software packages currently in the market that help with or automate one or more of the practice management areas, but none are complete. Some are better than others, but none are comprehensive enough to assist with all (or at least, most) aspects of running a law firm. Technology and automation are more accessible than ever and I would like to assist solo and small firms run their business effectively and efficiently, automating as many tasks as possible.
Hi Yung-Teng,
ReplyDeleteI agree there is a need for this opportunity you discovered. In fact, I have seen newly developed commercial properties have this very feature in Miami. If you research the Brickell City Center, you will notice that each spot recognizes your vehicle and will not only help you find a vacant spot, it will help you locate your vehicle after shopping too. If you know your tag number, it will tell you precisely where your car is. What I like about your suggestion, is that it is less capital intensive and does not require a huge investment. It simply requires users of the app to establish community and share information. Well done!